50-Year Old Male with Diabetes and Hypertension
Having a history of substance abuse, a 50-year old male has diabetes, hypertension, and general respiratory difficulties. He even requires oxygen support to sleep at night.
Now clean, although divorced and living alone in private housing on Social Security Disability benefits, the subject most enjoys the time he spends with his children and grandchildren. He is committed to improving his life and health by participating in exercise programs that help improve mobility.
Together, the subject and the Care Alliance Care Coordinator identified specific areas to help the individual reach his goals of improving mobility and his quality of life. Particular areas of need are:
- Finding reliable transportation and funds needed to repair his truck
- Installing air conditioning to facilitate breathing in warm weather
- Acquiring housekeeping assistance
Impact of Care Alliance’s Comprehensive Care Coordination
Care Coordinator assisted the subject by:
- Signing him up for PT1 transportation provided by MassHealth to help eligible recipients attend medical appointments.
- Establishing a goal-driven budget to repair his truck.
- Working with the Good Neighbor Fund to help purchase an air conditioner for the individual.
- Through the efforts of the Care Alliance Comprehensive Care Coordination, transportation has been secured to attend medical appointments and exercise programs to improve his overall health.
- Importantly, the Care Coordinator and the subject have developed ongoing communication and a positive and supportive relationship.
The Care Alliance of Western Massachusetts is happy to answer all your care coordination questions. Please call us at 413-538-9020 for more information or fill out the Contact Us form below.
Care Alliance of Western Massachusetts works with residents of Hampden, Hampshire, Berkshire, and Franklin Counties. We also provide services to residents of Athol, Petersham, Phillipston, and Royalston in Worcester County.