Information for Providers
When you’re a member of a patient’s primary care team, you have a high stake in their healthcare outcome. ACOs and MCOs give MassHealth members access to the high-quality medical care they need. Unfortunately, gaps in a patient’s service and support systems can undermine their long-term health care goals. This is often a critical issue for patients managing chronic or disabling medical conditions.
At Care Alliance of Western Massachusetts, our professional care coordination team works with you, your patients, and their formal and informal support system. We provide coordinate services for eligible ACO/MCO members ages 3 to 64. We focus on assessing their needs and finding the right community resources to fill gaps in their social and support systems.
Our Partner Agencies
CAWM provides vital services for residents in Hampden, Hampshire, Berkshire, and Franklin Counties and also in the cities of Athol, Petersham, Phillipston, and Royalston in Worcester County. We work with members who have coverage through seven MassHealth ACOs and MCOs.
- Boston Medical Center Health Plan, Inc. d/b/a BMC HealthNet Plan
- Community Care Cooperative, Inc.
- Fallon Community Health Plan, Inc.
- Health New England, Inc.
- Partners HealthCare Accountable Care Organization, LLC
- Steward Medicaid Care Network, Inc.
- Tufts Health Public Plans, Inc.
Our Care Coordinators
Care Coordinators are the core of our team as they work directly with members. Each Care Coordinator holds a BA and/or Masters and many are bilingual. Their resumes include diverse career experience and work across family’s, children’s, and adult’s lifespans. They have interacted with protective services, crisis intervention, persons with disabilities, behavioral health, individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, domestic issues, and other special needs. We supplement our team’s vast experience with focused training in nine critical areas.
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centered Planning
- Cultural Competence
- MassHealth Eligibility
- MassHealth State Plan Services
- LTSS Home and Community Based Services
- Accessibility and Accomodation
- Independent Living and Recovery Principles
- Health and Wellness
Our professional care coordination team understands how social determinants of health impact access to health care and the member’s overall health and well being. That’s why we believe it’s important to take each life situation into account so we can help them be as healthy as possible. Our team works with each person from a holistic standpoint. We achieve a relevant and meaningful assessment by addressing these vital domains.
- Care Planning
- Care Team Participation
- Care Coordination
- Transitions of Care
- Health and Wellness Coaching
Compassionate Professional Care Coordination
- Behavioral Health Network: Adult, child, and family assistance with challenges associated with mental health, substance abuse, intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Elder Services of Berkshire County: Nutrition, housing, protective, and other senior services
- Greater Springfield Senior Services: Case management, home care, delivered meals, adult day care, and other senior services
- Highland Valley Senior Services: Caregiving, protective services, home health visits, and other services for older adults
- LifePath: Caregiver resources, home care, Meals on Wheels, and additional senior programs
- Stavros: Housing, income, health care, independence, and assistance for persons with disabilities
- West Mass Elder Care: Home care, options counseling, nutrition, family caregiver support, and other programs and services for seniors and persons with disabilities
Person-Focused Care Coordination
Our professional care coordination team is dedicated to the consumers we serve. We are sensitive to language and cultural differences and make the process easier by providing language interpretation, insurance explanations, and additional assistance. CAWM is also available to complete Comprehensive Assessments as needed.
The Care Alliance of Western Massachusetts is happy to answer all your care coordination questions. Please call us at 413-538-9020 for more information or fill out the Contact Us form below.
Care Alliance of Western Massachusetts works with residents of Hampden, Hampshire, Berkshire, and Franklin Counties. We also provide services to residents of Athol, Petersham, Phillipston, and Royalston in Worcester County.